Saturday, February 6, 2010

Super Bowl is tomorrow.

So I guess the Super Bowl is tomorrow. You wouldn't know it though, because apparently it has snowed in the DC area.

But, more importantly than the Super Bowl is what comes before. And I'm not talking about the six hours of incessant pre-game coverage. (FYI, I think a hurricane may have hit New Orleans a few years ago.)

The most important part of the sporting day will be at Noon, when the Capitals go for win No. 14 against the Penguins. That is if the Penguins do indeed make it into town. According to the Washington Post (http://http//voices.washingtonpost.com/capitalsinsider/dc-snow-caps-penguins-game.html) Pittsburgh is flying into Newark, NJ and hoping to take a bus ride into DC for the game tomorrow.

Talk about an advantage. Hopefully the Caps stayed in the downtown area so that they are nice and rested.

Getting back to the football game. Peyton Manning is going to be tough, I'll take the Colts over the Saints. I envision a tight first half, but Indianapolis should pull away in the second half.

No comments:

Post a Comment