This is stupid.
I don't understand why the United States professional sports leagues feels a need to send our games overseas.
They're going to play NHL games to open the season in Finland, Sweden and the Czech Republic. Why? I'm pretty sure that Finland and Sweden each have thier own hockey leagues, I'm not sure about the Czech Republic, but wouldn't be suprised if they did.
The only reason I can see for the NHL doing this is the fact that they can. Either that or they want to rub it in that many of those countries' best players come to the NHL because of the big money payouts that are available.
The European and North American games are so different. In some respects, the European game is better and makes me look forward to Olympic ice hockey every four years becaues the ice is bigger and it's more of a finesse game, instead of a power game.
Not to mention the fact, that each team that is in Europe loses out on a potential home game, which can be a loss of revenue. And unfortunately that is what it comes down to today in professional sports. The same goes for the NFL trying to play a game a year in London.
The NFL Europe (Europa) failed. It didn't take hold on the other side of the pond. They have soccer and we have football. Why can't we leave it at that?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment