Sunday, February 7, 2010

Pregame and First Quarter

  • Heck Yes! Carrie Underwood. I would be OK if the power went out now and I missed the rest of the Super Bowl. All the commericials will be online and SportsCenter will have highlights for about 12 hours tomorrow.
  • Boy, Jim Nantz is on top of his game. He's got all the inane coin toss stats memorized. I bet he spent last night studying. But for real, 13 in a row for the NFC, that's kinda crazy. Seems like a pro-Saints crowd.
  • I like CBS' new player intro "graphic", using the full bodied players to introduce themselves. Probably won't last beyond the Super Bowl.
  • Nice to see a guy like Pierre Garcon in the NFL. It takes a special player to come from Division III to the NFL and scoring a touchdown in the Super Bowl. Alliance, Ohio is going crazy.
  • Good stop by the Saints to hold the Colts to field goal, they don't want to get into a track meet with the Colts. Peyton Manning is no Brett Favre.
  • Reggie Bush finally seems to be coming around as a complete NFL player. He's been borderline bust since he's been in the league. However, I think that's an unfair label. Typically, Heisman Trophy winners haven't translated to the NFL. But there is a big difference between being the best player in college football and being a decent player in the NFL. Case in point: Peyton Manning finished second  in 1997 when Charles Woodson won the award. Although, Woodson has had a solid NFL career.
  • Early winner on Commericials: Doritos.

No comments:

Post a Comment